Protecting Municipalities Since 1981
"A few years ago we decided to seek other bids for our coverage needs from large commercial brokers and no one came close to IMLRMA. In addition, when we asked IMLRMA to see if they could provide comparable coverage to another specific policy we had, they offered more than double the coverage for a considerably lower price. They truly have out backs when it comes to giving us the best protection and service for the lowest possible cost."
~Cindy Pepple, Finance Director, City of Galena (JoDaviess County), pop. 3,429
Welcome to IMLRMA's Website!
Send us a comment or question if you have thoughts about this website, if you have suggestions about how we can make the site more useful for all IMLRMA members, or if you're looking for something specific and can't find it.
Please visit the Website Help page for additional tips and information about how to use this website.
||IMLRMA Connections Newsletter Summer 2016|
Published from Risk Management & Loss Control on Friday July 01, 2016
The Summer 2016 IMLRMA Connections newsletter covers topics for the summer months, as well as important information in the Underwriting and IML Corners. Please forward the newsletter to your elected officials and all employees! More
We Hear You're Having a Fireworks Display!
Published on Wednesday June 08, 2016
Every year fireworks result in property damage as well as severe and even fatal injuries. If you sponsor or conduct firework displays or allow them on municipal property, the IMLRMA asks you to consider transferring the risk to entities that have control over the displays. We also ask that you implement effective risk management and loss control measures to prevent, minimize, and control the risks. More
The Zika Virus & Mosquito Abatement
Published on Friday February 19, 2016
The World Health Organization (WHO) recently declared the Zika virus a public health emergency of international concern. Read on for reminders about Mosquito Abatement and liability coverage for your municipality. MoreArchived Posts
Facts about IMLRMA
We have been covering Illinois municipalities for over 30 years (since 1981). Here is a list of just some of the recent activities we've done to serve our Members:
- Traveled to more than 1,200 on-site member service and loss control visits
- Spent nearly 6,000 hours of on-site consultation time with members
- Covered nearly 3,000 firefighters, more than 3,500 law enforcement, and nearly 17,000 other municipal employees
- Conducted nearly 400 loss control-specific trainings for more than 3,000 municipal employees and supervisors on important topics ranging from Accident Investigations to IDOL/OSHA-required topics like Bloodborne Pathogens and PPE, to Defensive Driving and Public Liability issues
- Conducted more than 120 on-site building evaluations
- Conducted more than 50 special event reviews
- Inspected more than 250 recreational facilities including parks and playgrounds
- Inspected nearly 300 non-recreational facilities and job sites
- Participated in more than 70 Safety Committee Meetings
- Answered more than 5,000 member phone calls and emails
- Conducted more than 30 Safety Policy reviews
- Participated in more than 80 Safety Program development on-site meetings
- Reviewed countless numbers of contracts for risk management issues
- Provided access to online loss control training for members
- Upgraded our website and created many new educational and training documents for you to use